Bioinformatics UK is dedicated to the development and application of statistical approaches and comparative genomics to problems in molecular and structural biology.
The foci of ongoing research in our group are the following:
- Identification of subtle sequence signals in non-coding DNA
- RNA structure prediction and gene regulation
- Bayesian bioinformatics algorithms and applications
- Prokaryotic transcription regulatory networks
- Mechanisms of eukaryotic gene regulation
- Interpretation and analysis of nucleic acid chemical mapping data